Friday, March 8, 2013

Full Body Circuit

Looking for something different for your weekend workout? How about a quick circuit that works your entire body?

I have to share this awesome full-body circuit Terry and I completed yesterday. I combined five exercises that require lots of muscles and lots of core strength for a tough routine I think you'll love.


Tips for form: 
Toughen it up:
Add dumbbells! I was able to use 10-lb. weights for the triceps extension, Turkish get ups, and squat + upright rows. It was certainly sufficient for a tough challenge.

Lighten it up:
Use lighter weights (or no weights), and you can omit the ball for the scorpion. You can also complete the push up to unstable plank on your knees, and you can decrease the number of reps for any exercise.

Mix it up:
If you want to combine your strength and cardio training, consider a 5-minute cardio blast between each circuit:

  • 1 minute high knees
  • 1 minute burpees
  • 1 minute mountain climbers
  • 1 minute speed skaters
  • 1 minute jumping lunges

Terry and I thought this circuit hit all the major muscle groups and even got our heart rates up. Let me know what you think!

Hope you're enjoying a glorious Friday night! Have a very happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm definitely going to have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete