Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Balancing Act - Guest Post from Jessica


Well happy Wednesday, everyone! Tonight I have an extra special treat for you: a guest post from Jessica! I wrote a post for her (check it out here), and I'm so excited to have her write on BLWB! I asked her to share her health philosophy, and I think we can all learn from her awesome tips! Enjoy!



Hi Folks! I’m Jessica from www.myhealthypassion.com - stop by and check it out sometime!
I am so excited to be a guest here on Julie’s fabulous blog, A Better Life with Burgers!  I would love to share a little bit about myself and my philosophy of living a healthy lifestyle. After graduating with my Bachelors in Nutrition and Dietetics, I knew I wanted to share my knowledge and thoughts with the world! (Dream BIG.) That is why I decided to create a blog; little did I know how much FUN I would have! When it comes to a healthy lifestyle, it’s all about balancing. And to be honest, I am still learning every day.  I am far from perfect, what fun would that be?!  We are faced with so many choices every single day. How can you possibly turn down french fries all the time or turn off The Bachelor to go to the gym? (YES, I love reality TV.) It’s just not possible, at least not for me! My goal is to try to make healthy conscious choices to the best of my ability with every chance I have.  


Here are some of my ‘tips’ for a healthy lifestyle:

~ Life is about having fun.  If that means enjoying 2 glasses of wine or a beer with a juicy burger once in a while, GO FOR IT! What’s important is learning that those choices are not always the best for us. When you start to slack, it’s knowing how to get back on track. Every day is a new day, start fresh!
~ Balance.  I know that on the weekends, I may make choices I wouldn't normally pick.  I go out to restaurants more, drink alcohol, and trust me...I enjoy myself. I just make sure that my next meal is a healthy one.  It’s all about balancing out your choices.  
~Learn how to listen to your body, focus on what it needs rather than what it wants.
~Treat food as fuel.  Only fill it up with the best!  
~Exercise.  My biggest tip...find something you enjoy! Keep moving, dancing, running, jumping.  The goal...MOVE! Make it fun. Find the time.  Even if its 15 minutes a day.  Just do it. You’ll feel better, trust me! I promise you 99.9% of the time you will be happy you did, and will be feeling fabulous 5 minutes into it.  
~Get creative.  Have fun in the kitchen.  Experiment with new healthy recipes and ingredients. Learn how to re-create your favorite dish…you never know what you’ll come up with.  

So there you have it, my philosophy is simple; it is all about balance.  Find your happy place, your happy medium.  Enjoy yourself, life is too short.  Just remember, you will always feel better when making healthy choices.  I decided to make my lifestyle a healthy one, I made it a priority. Every day, you have the chance to turn it into a healthy day.  Think about your choices, what did you do today that could be different?  Educate yourself. Learn how to indulge in your favorite treats without going overboard. We can all learn together.  Soon enough, you will realize that all of your healthy choices will lead you to something amazing. Mostly importantly, have fun!

Stop by www.myhealthypassion.com, don’t be a stranger!  

1 comment: