Alright, back to business. After an eventful day of fun lessons with my students, a great practice with my cheerleaders, almost no traffic, and a productive trip to Costco, Terry and I made time for a workout. Our half marathon plan suggested three miles, so the rain forced us inside for a treadmill run. But we had a little surprise waiting for us!
|New gym equipment!|
|Including a Precor weights thing that will take me a lot of embarrassing attempts to figure out|
|Some fancy free weights to boot|
I'm super excited that our apartment complex is seriously stepping it up in the gym department. The room is still tiny, but a stationary bike and some free weights make for an awesome improvement. We hopped on the treadmills (with TVs!) and pushed through our three miles. I actually included some incline walking, too, but we still finished in about 30 minutes.
|Not too shabby|
|Post-run strength training|
Next up: dinner. Quick and easy was the name of the game, and mac and cheese and steamed broccoli played it extremely well. We switched up the cheese to sharp cheddar, pepperjack, and goat, which turned out to be an incredible combo. Try it!
|Perfect for a busy weeknight|
And now it's time to check in on New Year's Resolutions. I set some goals last month for food, fitness, and blog, but one of the most important parts of making goals is honestly evaluating your progress. Here's how I'm doing:
- No soda. So far, so good.
- Eat more vegetables, including one green vegetable and one other vegetable every day. I haven't kept specific data on this one, but I'll say that I definitely have increased my vegetable intake and have certainly eaten a green vegetable every day.
- Stretch 5 days per week for at least 10 minutes. This one was tough to remember at first, but now it's part of my routine, and I love it!
- Run a half marathon. Signed up for the Disneyland half and have started our training program!
- Increase my readership and develop my identity. I'm definitely getting a feel for my voice and creating a stronger presence online and in the social media community. And as far as branding, Terry created an icon for me, and I'm even ordering business cards! And of course, I'm also attending Blend Retreat in May!
- Improve the tech aspects of my blog. Definitely still working on this one. It's fun to do but very time consuming. If you, as a reader or fellow blogger, have any tips, I'd love to learn more and hear from you!
How are your resolutions going? Do you have any short-term goals for this month? I know Michelle usually has good goals - do share!
One of my goals for tomorrow is waking up for a quick workout before a long day at work. And that means going to bed NOW. So I'm off! Have a great day tomorrow!