Thursday, August 13, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! We enjoyed a quick, short week over here complete with a very funny, happy toddler. Terry gets a long weekend, so we're planning some fun outings, including Griffith Park and a wedding. Meanwhile, I thought I'd share a few goings-on as well as some awesome links I found this week.

Currently...

...loving watching Marshall manipulate and explore his toys, figuring out how they work and--more importantly--how heavy they are to lift.








...reading The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. Well, "reading" is a bit of an exaggeration, since I've read exactly one sentence, but it's my next book so I'm counting it. Mostly I spend my days reading and rereading all of Marshall's books.

...watching so many TV shows! I watch Parks and Rec when I'm on my own in the kitchen doing dishes or cleaning. We watch How I Met Your Mother right before we fall asleep. We watch The Office or Once Upon a Time in the evening, depending on how much time we have. Love them all.

...eating Ina's chocolate peanut butter globs, but without the peanut butter chips because I didn't have any. So I guess they're just chocolate globs. Still delicious.

...wanting another cookie. Story of my life.

...feeling a little sad that tonight may have been my last time nursing Marshall. I've been thinking for a while that he doesn't really need to nurse anymore, and he's showing signs that he's ready to stop. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I'm mentally preparing myself either way.

...planning a family vacation! Granted, it'll be about 48 hours, but we're hoping to sneak away to the Grand Canyon. I've never been! I just want to take a quick trip, peak at the canyon, maybe go for a hike, and head back. If you have suggestions, please send them my way!

...drinking tons of water. It's HOT here, so I'm trying to stay ahead of the game with lots of hydration.

...wondering how well we'll sleep in this weather, but I know it's only going to get hotter, so here's hoping for the best.


And now for some fun links:

A Cup of Jo guide to burgers...appropriate because I love A Cup of Jo and I love burgers. I can't wait to try some of the suggestions!

In case you're looking to binge-watch something, here's what's coming to Netflix this month.

A full-body workout for you to try this weekend.

My friend Amanda posted this on my wall for my birthday, and I can't describe how much I love it.



Okay, that's all for now! Off to bed. Enjoy your Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. Awww your boy is so cute! Can't wait for mine to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those peanut butter globs look super yummy!
    -Liz
    www.TheCleanEatingCouple.com

    ReplyDelete