Monday, April 7, 2014

Halfway There Condo Photos

For several months, I felt myself counting down the months, weeks, days until our move. Even before we had a location in mind, I knew the move was imminent and couldn't help focusing on the fact that we would be packing up and relocating. I feel like life gets this overarching sense of temporary-ness when a move is coming up.

Thankfully, after two weeks, we're finally feeling mostly settled. I'm providing photos, but forgive the messes. You want me to unpack and clean? Come on, folks.

The kitchen, bedroom, and living room are 100% functional,





set up almost exactly the way they were at our old place (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

The baby's room is virtually untouched and currently serves as a general storage area. Our baby showers are in a few weeks, so I imagine we should make some decisions relatively soon about what we plan to do in there, but let's not go too crazy too quickly.



We have two bathrooms now, which I love, and all our old towels and mats and decor work just fine in the master bath. The second (guest/baby) bathroom is this strange peachy color, however, so I think we're going to find some grey decor to try to tone down the walls. (We could probably paint it, but we really aren't that picky and have no idea how long we'll be here.)



The big question mark is our new den space (pretend the boxes aren't there) . We've decided that we'll put our glider there--the window and the fireplace make for a lovely, peaceful sitting area--but we will also need an area rug and probably a small table.

That super dark corner to the right is the fireplace.




As you can see, we haven't hung a single frame or piece of artwork. We have some ideas but haven't committed, so we'll get around to it eventually. I am aiming to get them done by the end of the month.

Obviously, we could easily go out and spend a few hundred dollars on decor to make this place exactly what we want, but we're trying to focus on function right now. Maybe once a month we'll grab something to brighten up the various spaces (like this set of three canvases we had to resist at Target yesterday), but for now we'll make do with what we have. Luckily we still really love all our old furniture and decor; we just need a bit more to fill the space eventually.

Now that we're somewhat settled in our new place, I'm sensing a shift in my focus from the move to the baby. We have our registries in place, we're almost done with all our classes (one more birth class, a hospital tour, a breastfeeding class, and an infant care class are all we have left! I actually find it pretty fun to take a class with Terry since we never did in college), and we're starting to realize exactly how little time we have left before we become parents!

If you could fix up or add to or change one thing about your house/apartment/cave, what would it be? Choosing just one at this point would be tough, but I'd say I would hang all our artwork. I think that will make this place really feel like "ours".

4 comments:

  1. looks great! i would replace our carpet with hardwood floors - someday (hopefully sooner rather than later) that'll get done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is our first time with hardwood floors, and I definitely want some area rugs. I miss chillin' on the cozy floor!

      Delete
  2. If I could change one thing....the half finished wall project in our family room would just be done without me having to do any work. ;)
    Great looking place you've got there! Over time, you'll put the finishing touches on it and it will be awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know that feeling. :-) You'll get there!

      Delete