Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tired Tuesday

Thanks for all the sweet comments on yesterday's post about our baby shower! We are currently in the midst of unpacking, organizing, arranging, and deciding where everything is going to go.

Terry is currently building a bookcase, a gift from Terry's aunt, that will house baby's books (and likely a few other items). We have another shower this weekend, plus my dad is driving down to LA with a dresser/changing table for us, and next weekend we'll be picking up our crib. Then we can finally put everything together!

I'm not in the official "nesting" phase yet, but I've definitely put a lot of thought into how to make the nursery come together. I like a few ideas in this post from Young House Love, especially the laundry hamper (although I would want a cover or lid). Looks like more trips to HomeGoods are in my future! Five weeks to go...




Notice how Scout is always nearby to lend a helping hand?


Today felt a little rough, mostly because I slept terribly last night. I woke up around 1:45 am and then could not fall back to sleep for over an hour. My friend Katie has told me before that she struggled with sleep the last few weeks of pregnancy, but she is convinced that it helped prepare her for the strange sleep schedules that come with parenting. So today I felt like a zombie, despite my attempts to nap until the absolute last minute this morning.

This evening, thanks to the crazy heat wave running through LA right now, Terry and I headed down to the pool for a quick swim. We each just took a few laps, but it felt pretty good to get my heart rate up a bit while staying off my feet. I have read that swimming helps with swelling, and I'm not completely convinced, but it still felt decent compared to walking in the heat. (Terry, by the way, added in some strength exercises for his workout.)

For dinner, we're keeping this week's meals pretty simple. I have a feeling simple will be the name of the game a LOT over the next several weeks--er, months? Today we opted for slow cooker refried beans wrapped up into tortillas with cheese. It doesn't get easier than that.



And with that, I'm off to bed in hopes of a better night of sleep. Wish me luck!

Do you have any fun house projects on the horizon? 

1 comment:

  1. That tortilla looks yummy. Yay for fun house projects! We're creating a picture wall I'm really excited about.

    ReplyDelete