Monday, August 24, 2015

Girls' Weekend

Happy start of the week to you! We kicked things off over here with lots of chores, since I was away all weekend and didn't get to much of anything. Our plans this week mostly revolve around staying out of the heat, because we're expecting high temperatures and even some humidity. Early walks to the park and staying indoors the rest of the day will likely take up most of our week.


So about that being away all weekend--I had my very first night away from Marshall! Jenn and I both celebrated our 30th birthdays this year, and since she's due in a month(!), and since I was looking for an excuse to get away for the night...we planned a girls' night! I knew it would be good for me (and Marshall and Terry!), so away we went. All the way to Pasadena. :-)  Hey, we didn't want to go far, and Pasadena is pretty delightful, so it was perfect.

We started our "weekend" (which was really just about 24 hours) Saturday around noon and drove out to Green Street Restaurant for lunch. We both ordered salads, because I think that's what you do at a girly lunch, and then we checked in to our hotel, the Westin Pasadena. I chose it because I wanted a clean, comfortable room in a great location. Once we parked at the hotel, we didn't have to drive anywhere, so that's an ideal location to me.

We spent the afternoon chatting poolside, and some ladies even offered us their (prepaid) cabana because they thought Jenn could use the shade for her adorable belly! (By the way, I completely neglected to take any photos almost the entire weekend.) Around 5:30 we headed back to the room for an in-room "happy hour"--I had packed sparkling lemonade, grapefruit soda, dried mangoes, some fruit, and crunchy peas. I called for two wine glasses to make it more fun, so we sipped and snacked while we got ready for the evening. Dinner was at Green Street Tavern, and it was okay but not fantastic. I think we weren't really in the mood for their menu, so maybe another time it would have been more fitting. Afterward we headed to 21 Flavors for frozen yogurt. We were a little confused about how it worked, but basically it's like Cold Stone as far as how you choose your flavors and mix-ins. It was pretty good, although we both asked for "Heath Bar" and really they just had toffee. These are the true troubles in life.

After staying up until almost 11:30, we clocked a solid eight hours of sleep (ahhhh), and then we walked a short distance to Urth Caffe for breakfast.




We took a longer route back and then packed up to head home. It was such a fantastic, relaxing, fun weekend. I felt completely relaxed knowing Terry was home with Marshall and of course loved all the girl talk. Perhaps a new tradition has been born!


Now that I'm back home we're back to the normal swing of things and even fit in a short strength workout tonight. I am planning two days of running this week, so we'll see how it all works out in the heat. Maybe some early mornings...? Orrrrr maybe not.

Where was your last getaway?

Do you prefer morning or evening workouts? I prefer morning, but those are SO rare now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment