Monday, August 31, 2015

Weekend in Review

Hello! The weekend felt long and wonderful, so I'm only now catching up. I hope you've had a wonderful few days to end August!

Saturday morning we headed up to meet our friends for some splash park fun! 


I've wanted to take Marshall to a splash pad all summer, so I can't explain how excited I was to see our little ones play in the water.

Marshall stole that bucket, resulting in this poster, courtesy of Katie:

I didn't take many pictures because I was playing in the water and talking with our friends, but it was awesome to see the kids play in the water and have fun. Then we brought the kids to Katie and Corey's house for naps and lunch and more conversation. We had a wonderful time seeing everyone and letting the kids play together, and we even made it home in plenty of time to make a delicious meal.

Terry had thrown pork in the slow cooker that morning to make pulled pork, and when we came home I made cornbread. And check it out: I got a DOUBLE YOLK EGG!!!! First time ever. I was SO excited.


And a delicious meal to boot! Sauteed green beans on the side.


Sunday morning we headed out early to beat the heat for a run (1.5 miles) and walk (2.5 miles) up to campus. Marshall's first time really checking out the Inverted Fountain!






When we came home I made pancakes--and got ANOTHER DOUBLE YOLK EGG!!! Are you kidding me? Two in one carton?!


And on Sunday afternoon Terry and I actually managed to sneak away for a movie! Finally, after all our attempts to go, I got to see my first movie in theaters since I was pregnant. It was Ant-Man, and it was loud, but pretty good. Then we came home and made pulled pork salads with grilled pineapple, caramelized onions, pepper jack cheese, crunchy slaw, Romaine lettuce, and cornbread on the side. Dressing was a simple mix of 1 part maple syrup, 1 part red wine vinegar, 2 parts olive oil.


And then, sadly, the weekend was over, but today Marshall and I soaked up the cloudy, cool morning and headed to the park. Marshall even wore pants because it was so cool!


Otherwise our day was nice and mellow, hitting the grocery store after Marshall's long nap. Our meal plan for the week:

Sunday: Pulled pork salads (above)
Monday: Fried rice
Tuesday: Caprese salads with greens
Wednesday: fish (thanks to inspiration from Jenn, who's kicking healthy up a notch in her final weeks of pregnancy) and vegetables

(We'll figure out the rest later, apparently.)

Okay, off to enjoy some crossword action and Trader Joe's Babka, which, if you haven't tried it, is a MUST. You're welcome.


Have a great week!

Random question: Would you rather ALWAYS be one hour early or ALWAYS be ten minutes late?

0 comments:

Post a Comment