Friday, May 31, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

Fridays. I promise this entire post won't be a cliche, but Fridays just feel fantastic. And given that next week is our last Friday of the school year, I really can't figure out what's not to celebrate.

Running. For some reason, whenever I participate in a Best Body Boot Camp, I take a break from running long distances. I'll hit the road for maybe a three- or four-mile trek, but usually it's more HIIT and interval training. This month, however, I set the goal to complete a six-mile run before June. I thought I wrote about it, but apparently it was just a mental goal. So I knew it had to get done today, and I hauled myself out of bed at 4:30 to do it.

The run felt pretty great overall. Even at 5 am, the morning air felt cool but not too chilly, and the streets still hadn't woken up. We chatted as we ran and kept a steady 6 mph pace. I absolutely would have stopped at 5ish miles, when we neared the end of our loop, but Terry pushed me to keep going. I believe his words were, "I'm going to get you to those six miles!" How adorable and amazing is my husband? We knocked out that last mile - 6 miles at 6 mph before 6 am!

New recipes. Last night, I threw together a simple, fresh, summery pasta dish. I simply sauteed sme pancetta, zucchini, butter, garlic, and white wine, then tossed it all with diced tomatoes and whole wheat spaghetti, plus some Parmesan. So simple and perfect for leftovers today!



Planning ahead. I get so excited thinking about future trips, adventures, friends' weddings, life changes. Terry and I will celebrate our two-year wedding anniversary on July 9, so I look forward to whatever we decide to do to celebrate!

Creativity in the gym--or outdoors. At the delta last weekend, I was in charge of a workout for everyone, so I designed a quick full-body circuit. You can do it two or three times through and tack on some cardio for a full workout.


Learning to unwind. Forever a journey, but one I'm working to figure out. Off to enjoy the weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment