Sunday, May 19, 2013

Scenes from the Weekend

We had a great time enjoying campus and fellow alumni at UCLA Alumni Day yesterday. I'll recap more of the events later, but I was particularly impressed with the food! Everywhere we turned, more food appeared: desserts, fruit cups, granola parfaits, hot dogs, nachos, sandwiches, salads, smoothies...





That evening we headed out for an impromptu date. We had a gift card to Rock Sugar and free movie tickets, but the movie ended up being sold out (almost always our luck). So dinner it was!

Hello, handsome.

But dinner was fun: yummy summer cocktails, Asian fusion foods we hadn't tried before, and a fairly quiet outdoor patio to enjoy the weather.



This morning, after a run, a trip to the farmer's market, and some errands, we met up with Terry's parents for lunch and to check out the Griffith Observatory. Lunch at The Trails Cafe was delicious--a small but mighty menu and really unique pastries.


Scones, pie, and a pastry-wrapped hot dog. So random, but all great.

My sandwich: avocado, tomato, sprouts, red onion, and cheddar cheese.

The museum was definitely enjoyable, but my favorite parts were the show in the planetarium and the views from around the observatory. Even on a bit of a smoggy day, the city looked incredible!

And now we're back into a busy week of work (only four more weeks for me--yikes!) before the long weekend. I'm hoping to improve on my morning workouts this week!

What was the highlight of your weekend?
As always, my highlight was spending time with my awesome husband. He's been back and forth to San Diego for work lately, and I'm thrilled with any time we get together!

3 comments:

  1. Those drinks sure look tasty!
    I had a busy weekend with my husband. I'd say the highlight was taking a staycation down in Waikiki. It was really nice waking up with the view of the ocean AND the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was all all all family time here---which created the highlight :-)
    and yep.
    Im with you on the am workouts.
    IM OFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for farmer's markets to come in full bloom here in DC. They are the best part about this time of year

    ReplyDelete