Thursday, May 2, 2013

Swimming in Papers

Last night, Terry and I attended "Scuba Prom," a fundraiser benefiting the USC Hyperbaric Chamber.
We ate, we drank, we laughed with Terry's scuba buddies--but we also arrived home at 11 pm, and I sprinted to bed to avoid becoming Zombie Teacher today.

Lately, the focus of my life has been grading. I only have about 150 students--many teachers have closer to 180--and I feel as though completing one pile barely makes a dent in the overwhelming stack of white papers and red pens that I face daily. So if you've noticed a marked decrease in the length and frequency of these posts, you're definitely not crazy. But here's a quick recap:

  • Completed an awesome legs, back, and biceps workout from Best Body Boot Camp (similar to the one I created for Terry on Monday).
  • Hopped on the treadmill today for some cardio--reminiscent of my 5-4-3-2-1 Treadmill Workout.
  • Tonight we ate pancakes for dinner. There may or may not have been mimosas involved. I'm not ashamed. 
  • Terry bought this shirt, and it made me love him even more, if that was possible.

Meanwhile, this weekend promises greatness: Celebrating Jenn's birthday, event at the Rose Bowl, and more grading. Plus all that fitness and health stuff I enjoy, like a homemade meal or two and a few workouts. 

I wish I had more time to stay and chat, and I have some fun posts planned, but the business side of life is taking over around here. I hope you have a fantastic Friday, and I promise hope this weekend will be far more riveting at BLWB!

Happy Friday!!!

1 comment: