Thursday, November 17, 2011

2-Minute 30-Minute Workout

I wanted something for the full body. I wanted something with circuits or intervals. I didn't want to spend time looking online. So here's what I came up with:

2 minutes each of:

  • Crunches
  • Push ups
  • Walking lunges
  • Superman swim (like making a snow angel but lay face down and only use your arms)
  • Swinging kettlebell squats
  • Bicycle crunches
  • Tricep dips
  • Squats
  • Straddle Side Leans (sit in a straddle with your hands behind your head; lean side to side, trying to touch your elbows to your knee)
  • Calf raises
  • Plank hold
  • Bicep curls
  • Mountain climbers
  • Pilates Baby Swan
  • Open-Leg Scissors
Then I did a very light 20-minute jog.

This workout works abs/obliques, chest, triceps, biceps, upper back, lower back, quads, glutes, calves, and inner thighs. Talk about full body! You could also mix it up by choosing 5 of your favorite exercises and repeating them three times each.

I definitely rested between 30 seconds and 1 minute after each exercise, so it actually took about 45 minutes. And I'm also fairly certain I won't be able to move tomorrow. I think if I try this workout again, I would try each exercise for only 1 minute and then just repeat the whole thing twice. I found myself needing rest around the one-minute mark and think it would have been better to cut the interval time in half.

1 comment: