Friday, November 18, 2011

Music Makeover

Thanksgiving break started today! Actually, for me, it started about an hour ago. First my cheerleaders cheered for the basketball scrimmage and performed an awesome halftime routine. And now, nine days off! I have big plans for this break, including lots of cleaning and organizing, working out, reading, cooking, baking, and blogging! We're spending Thanksgiving with Terry's family, and I'm so excited! It's a really fun group including Terry's aunt, uncle, cousins, some friends, and Terry's parents and brother. I will seriously miss my family though. Our Thanksgiving tradition is to eat with my dad's brother's family. My aunt is a fantastic hostess; I've always loved her beautiful home. She even hosted one of my bridal showers. And Terry and I always have an incredible time with my "baby" (umm, one is applying to college) cousins.

This year I'm bringing dessert to Thanksgiving. I'm planning for pumpkin pie, blackberry pie, and some kind of brownies, maybe peanut butter or cheesecake. Suggestions welcome!

And now for a serious topic: Music. Every time I grab my iPod for a run, I kick myself for not updating my music library. I need a massive music makeover. I have precisely one workout playlist:

  • "Sexyback" - Justin Timberlake
  • "Toxic" - Britney Spears
  • "Mercy" - Duffy
  • "Dance, Dance" - Fall Out Boy
  • "Set Fire to the Rain" - Adele
  • "Moves Like Jagger" - Maroon 5
  • "Harder to Breathe" - Maroon 5
  • "Wizards of Winter" - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  • "Thnks fr th Mmrs" - Fall Out Boy
  • "The Pretender"- Foo Fighters
  • "How Far We've Come" - Matchbox 20
  • "Broadway" - Goo Goo Dolls
  • "Rolling in the Deep" - Adele
  • "This is How a Heart Breaks" - Rob Thomas
Yep. That's it. And I'm bored of it! When I get to a lull in my run, I need a pick me up. These songs are pretty good, but I need more! I don't want the same old playlist every time I run. So please help! What are your favorite workout songs? I like upbeat, fun songs. No yelling or screaming, just rockin' beats that keep me going. 

Please, please, please give me some suggestions! Comment below or e-mail me at abetterlifewithburgers@gmail.com. Thanks in advance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment