Thursday, June 6, 2013

WIAW: Three Photos

Remember the other day when I said I was on a mission to find healthy snacks? Well, Julie over at PB Fingers came to the rescue! Check out her huge list of healthy snack ideas!

And now...
Check out the other WIAWs!

Today's What I Ate Wednesday only includes a few photos and some fairly typical foods.

Post-workout breakfast: egg sandwich

A peach and a few shortbread cookies for a snack

For lunch, half a sweet potato with peanut butter

A small bowl of Love Grown Foods granola cereal for a quick snack after school

My first time at Veggie Grill--unfortunately, I was not a fan. Listen, I'm all about going vegetarian (we did it for Lent and often eat vegetarian as part of our normal routine). But I was disappointed to find that almost every menu item has a meat imitation item--as opposed to just fresh vegetables prepared different ways. I went in hoping to find a grilled veggie sandwich, not soy patties. I guess I should have done my research, but when you see "veggie" in the name... So I went with the "steak" tacos, and I really wasn't a fan The vinegar slaw overpowered the flavors. Terry tried the carne asada sandwich, which tasted nothing like carne asada.




Sadly, I don't think we'll be going back, though I must say the service was phenomenal!

After dinner we met up with some UCLA friends at Palomino and shared a few appetizers and each had a drink. We had so much fun sharing random stories from our past (best story of the night: our friend told us about how she once accidentally went on a blind date with her relative). We had a great time, and I hope we'll be able to get together again over the summer.

And now we're off to bed! We actually got up early this morning for 30 minutes on the treadmill (we did most of this tough workout) and a little bit of core. But here's an adorable photo of our kitten to keep you company.

I can't handle it. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, love the kitty pic!! Peek a BOO!

    Bummer about the veg restaurant! I feel the same way about the "posers" but I also think that other restaurants that offer vegetarian options, should try to offer high quality goods too. A couple of months ago, I went to a gourmet burger place with a friend...we were both looking forward to it for weeks, but when we got there, neither of us actually were craving a burger (go figure, right?). Instead of leaving, we decided to make the most of it and ordered their black bean burgers...and they were absolutely HORRIBLE!! The patty didn't even taste like it was cooked all the way...barely crisp on the outside and totally smushy nastiness on the inside! Ugh! I was like, what's the point?! They should have just left it off the menu entirely! Ya know?

    ReplyDelete