Thursday, December 4, 2014

Quick Indoor Workouts

Okay, I mentioned yesterday how difficult I find it to get motivated during these dark, rainy days. And I live in LA, where I'm pretty sure it hasn't dipped below 59 degrees since last winter. So I imagine that wherever you are is a little colder than here, and I have no excuse for blaming the elements for my lack of motivation to work out.

And yet, I do blame the elements. So my workout options dwindle during this time of the year, but I just got back to feeling strong and have a good thing going with regular exercise. I want to keep it going, but I need realistic workouts that I can do at home with minimal time and minimal equipment.

That's what I'm here to share today: workouts that can be done anywhere, with little or no equipment, in 20 minutes or less. No excuses!

Upper Body Supersets (Dumbbells only!)
Complete each set twice, then do 15 pushups before moving on to the next set. Use medium weights.




EMOM Workouts (No equipment needed!)
(Every Minute, On the Minute) These workouts have quickly become a favorite around here, because they're quick and easy to customize. Here are some ideas:

Full Body EMOM:
EMOM 15--Complete 5 Burpees every minute for 15 minutes (Works up a good sweat, full body workout, and super quick!)

EMOM 20--Complete 5 push ups + 10 squats every minute for 20 minutes (Hits major muscle groups in the upper and lower body, and definitely challenging.)

Upper Body EMOM:
EMOM 10 (x2)--I posted two upper body EMOM workouts a while back. These ones alternate even and odd minutes to add variety to the workout.

Lower Body EMOM:
EMOM 20--10 squats + 5 squat jumps every minute on the minute for 20 minutes. Great for toning and getting that heart rate up.

EMOM 15--5 plie squats + 10 walking lunges + 5 calf raises every minute on the minute for 15 minutes. Challenges the entire lower body.



45/15 Cardio/Core (No equipment needed!)
Complete each exercise for 45 seconds, then rest for 15 seconds before moving on to the next.

Mountain Climbers
Squat + Backward Lunge (alternating legs)
Reverse Crunch
Plank Jacks
Walking Lunges (alternating legs)
Bicycle Crunches
Speed Skaters
Plie Squats
Supermans
Air Squats
Glute Bridges
Reverse Plank

Repeat as many times as you would like. :-)


More great workouts for your winter enjoyment:
Stability Ball Core Workout
12-Minute Workout
January Indoor Workout
Winter Core Circuit

You can also follow me on Pinterest to find lots more workouts I like!

0 comments:

Post a Comment