But after work, I still met up with Jenn for our favorite yoga teacher's class. The class incorporates a bunch of arm balances, handstands, and binds, so I was absolutely exhausted by the end. Of course, I can't actually do handstands or arm balances, so I spent most of those parts of class just trying not to fall over on top of Jenn. Success.
Yoga at the end of a Monday was truly a fantastic idea. Work was a little tough to handle today, and I was glad to unwind with 90 minutes of stretching, breathing, and sweating. But getting home at 6:30 wasn't quite so awesome. We had fajitas on the menu, and I have been wanting to make my own tortillas for awhile, so we didn't eat until about 7:30. It was delicious, though!
Here's the tortilla recipe from 100 Days of Real Food - surprisingly easy and SO worth the effort (I didn't even use my food processor--just mixed it up by hand).
On days like today--days that feel a little hectic and that are over before I'm ready--I often think about what I would do with an extra, free day. Not a weekend or planned day off, but a "bonus" day. Here's my list:
- Wake up slowly and cuddle with the cat.
- Take a long walk or hike somewhere a little farther than we usually go.
- Read for a few hours--I have so many books I want to read!
- Go out to lunch somewhere fancy.
- Find a place where I can volunteer for a few hours.
- Work on a crossword puzzle at the park.
- Go on a picnic.
- Write e-mails to my pen pals.
- Donate blood.
- Go shopping for nothing in particular.
- Cook a special meal for my husband.
- Bake something complicated (probably twice, because I would mess it up the first time).
- Update my blog pages.
- Take Terry to a movie--one of his favorite things to do that we don't do often enough.
- Get a massage.
- Go through all of my magazines--I have some from 2011 that I still need to read.
A little ambitious, huh? Realistically, though, if I had a bonus day, I would probably spend the day grading, grocery shopping, and catching up on our DVR. Talk about cool.
What would you do with a bonus day?