Friday, February 3, 2012

What I Loved About Today

I think sometimes I hold Fridays to too high of a standard and expect something spectacular to happen. But this week, all I wanted was normal, even boring, days. And today, I got a normal day that included nothing spectacular but also nothing boring. It held plenty of time with Terry, good motivation at work, and a fun basketball game. Here's what I loved about today:

I packed up a pretty awesome dinner to get us through the evening. (You can check out our lunch here.)
Our packed dinner: tortillas, cream cheese, bell peppers, and avocados.

If you don't know by now, I'll just tell you: I LOVE lists. And anything that helps me make lists automatically makes my day better. So when we ventured to Target for a few items (ironically, since I hadn't made a list beforehand, I couldn't remember a damn thing I needed), I jumped at the chance to buy a few list-making tools!
The dollar bin at Target. :-) Found some magnetic clips and a magnetic notepad!

While at Target, I may or may not have caved in and purchased one of my favorite holiday treats and biggest indulgence.
Valentine's Day-themed peanut M&Ms - one of the few processed foods
I  cannot resist. I think it's the pretty colors!

But I did share my M&Ms with Terry and my fellow coaches at my high school's basketball game tonight.
We won! (Okay, so as the cheer coach, maybe I should say, "We cheered the team to victory!")
After a long, not-boring-not-spectacular day, I always look forward to seeing Scout. Terry pointed out that when we pick him up right away upon our arrival, he's always purring like crazy. Nice to have such a cutie greet us!
Getting a sweet greeting from our little guy when we got home.

Despite my huge lunch and delicious dinner, I was in a snacking mood when I got home. I had been researching homemade popcorn all day, so I went for it! One of my favorite blogs, 100 Days of Real Food, helped me find an easy trick to go from kernels to popcorn at home.

Learning the popcorn trick from Lisa's blog.



Homemade popcorn in minutes! We added a little olive oil and salt.


And of course, one of the best things about Fridays is dreaming up weekend plans. It's going to be a busy one, but as long as I'm near these guys, I'm a happy girl.
Hanging out with Scout and Terry.

And I'm a lucky girl, too.
Even after a long day, my awesome husband will still do dishes. 

How was your Friday? Do you ever wish for a boring day?


What are the weekend plans? Super bowl party? Good workouts? New recipes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment