Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Classroom Workout and WIAW

Crazy hectic day! Work flew by in a whirlwind of paperwork, e-mails, lesson planning, grading, quiz writing, and coaching. Oh, and teaching.

Since we had a playoff basketball game tonight, I couldn't come home for my usual workout. Instead, I waited for the rain to die down and squeezed in two miles on our school's track. Running on a track is not fun, but somehow it made me go a little faster. Maybe I just wanted to get it over with? Either way, I'm very happy with my 8:45 mile time!

Afterward, I wanted to throw together a little arm workout, but my classroom was the only option for a makeshift gym. While I thought it might be weird for a custodian to find me doing push ups, but my no excuses motto won out. And this workout is totally doable in an office. Who cares if your coworkers think you're weird for doing jumping jacks in your cubicle?


Three times through took about 25 minutes.

What I Ate Wednesday
Around the blogosphere, healthy living bloggers like to participate in What I Ate Wednesdays, where they recap everything they ate one day. I love the idea of sharing what I eat, so starting with one day per week is a perfect opportunity to put my money where my mouth is.

6:30 AM: 2 fried eggs, whole-wheat English muffin with raspberry jelly
10:15 AM: 6 oz. 2% plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup applesauce, 2 teaspoons honey, sprinkle of cinnamon
12:15 PM: Sandwich with 1/2 avocado, 2 tablespoons cream cheese, 1/2 cup raw spinach on honey whole-wheat bread; 1/2 cup carrots
5:00 PM: 1/2 cup pecans-cashews-dried cranberries mix
7:15 PM: Peanut butter and honey sandwich on honey whole-wheat bread
9:45 PM: Slice of cinnamon toast, 12 oz. milk

While I ate a good amount of healthy foods today, I was really lacking in fresh vegetables and fruits. Having to pack four of my little meals makes it tough, but I know I can do better. Looks like I'm in need of a trip to the farmer's market this weekend!

Hope the second half of your week is awesome! While I'm bummed our team lost tonight, I have to admit I'm pretty excited to have my weeknights back. Hopefully I can avoid going to sleep after 11 pm - starting tomorrow, perhaps?

In case you missed it, you can still participate in my HIMYM trivia challenge! I'll choose a winner tomorrow evening.

2 comments:

  1. this post cracked me up! i'm a new blwb reader and i'm also a teacher. i have been caught working out in my classroom SO many times by students in the aftercare program and our custodians! i even had a third grader join in on some kickboxing video i was doing once...what a great workout partner :) i'm definitely going to write this workout down to use next year in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly! Yay for classroom workouts, huh? You gotta do what you gotta do. I love that you had a student join in! I coached cheer for the last three years and loved the days when I got to work out with the girls. :-) Thanks for reading!

      Delete