Sunday, February 12, 2012

Impressive Run and Looking Awesome

You're going to be super impressed with our run today. We were. Check it out!


Okay, I admit it, our GPS may have been on the fritz. When we'd gotten to our second stoplight, the phone told us we were at a mile and were running about 37 miles per hour. We kept it going because I thought it would be funny and inspirational to feel like we were running faster and farther than we really were. (It wasn't.) So our actual times and distance are an estimate based on what time we left the house and how far MapMyRun told us we ran. 


I also tried out my new water bottle belt, which I purchased when we bought our new running shoes. It fit great, and I felt comfortable pretty much the whole time. I did unstrap the belt a few times at stoplights to allow for bigger breaths, but the running itself was fine. Oh, and did I mention I looked fantastic?

Honestly, what doesn't look good about this?

Since we slept in this morning, we didn't return from our run until about 11:30. We shared a whole-wheat English muffin with peanut butter and an apple to hold us over until lunch and headed out for some errands. Terry needed some scuba gear (he's getting trained to be a rescue diver tomorrow!), and I was hoping to find some new jeans. American Eagle Outfitters has quality jeans that fit me great and don't cost an arm and a leg, so I got a repeat pair, along with some jewelry and fun bright pants from New York & Company, another favorite store. While out on our little adventure, we stopped at a park in Burbank in enjoy some homemade sandwiches. 

Avocado, cream cheese, and bell pepper sandwiches


Picked these up at a local market.

Can you guess what I was most excited to eat?

Finally, we checked out a New Balance store to see if they had some doctor-recommended shoes. Apparently they make a brand of shoes, Aravon, that are supportive and comfortable but fashionable enough to wear with work clothes like slacks and skirts. Well, they were certainly comfortable, but they were NOT cute (even the sales guy said they look terrible and apologized profusely for their appearance).
At this point, I may as well just wear tennis shoes, a la Working Girl.
(source)

And they were super expensive! Plus, some shoes in the brand apparently don't come in my size (the biggest size they have is 7.5. Are you kidding me, New Balance?). The brand does have semi-cute styles that I could see working, but even those didn't quite fit me.
Better?
(source)

 Needless to say, we walked out empty-handed. So I'm still in the market for comfortable and stylish work shoes, if anyone has suggestions!

For dinner, I threw together a new recipe that I shall call "We Have a Lot of Vegetables, and Our Fish Hasn't Thawed Yet, So Let's Make a Vegetable Pasta".

Colors and flavor for the win. 

We grilled up the following with a little olive oil and garlic powder:

  • 1 onion
  • 1 orange bell pepper
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 2 large zucchini squash
  • 1 bag of fresh spinach
Super easy dinner!
We added about a half of a jar of store-bought pasta sauce and threw it all on top of brown rice pasta, which I bought from Trader Joe's on a whim. It turned out to be quite delicious! And it's perfect fuel for tonight's outing: two of our friends just moved to Santa Monica (today!), and we're all heading out to celebrate their arrival. They used to live in Mid-City, so they weren't very far geographically, but in LA terms they were too far for frequent visits. Now we can walk to their place!

0 comments:

Post a Comment