Saturday, February 25, 2012

Casual Caprese and BLWB Updates

In case you missed it, I actually squeezed in an early post today, Saturdays Are For...
You get to see more pictures of this little one

The rest of the day, I focused on some updates and reorganization on BLWB. Check out changes on the following pages:

Tonight,I made an easy veggie pasta (shocking, right?) for dinner, along with a new salad. 

Casual Caprese
Serves 2
  • 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced
  • 1 ripe tomato, diced
  • 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Toss all ingredients and enjoy!

This super easy salad worked perfectly before our entree and would be even better in the summer with a lovely glass of chardonnay. 

By the way, The Lion King was on TV tonight! A fun little walk down memory lane. We still remember all the songs!


He wasn't as interested in the movie as we would have hoped.

I also made some no-bake cookies, but I'm vowing that this round of sweets is my last before our trip to Hawaii. Despite lots of warm weather lately, we've only donned bathing suits for the hot tub in our apartment complex. But I'm eager to be my bikini-best for this season, which starts in less than two weeks for me! We're heading to Hawaii with my family for a long weekend in March, then at the end of the month we're going on a cruise with our friends! Lots of bathing suits, and lots of eating, so expect me to be stepping it up over the next several days!

I hope you're having a fantastic weekend so far. Enjoy your Academy Awards Sunday! Terry and I have church and a long run in front of us. Six miles tomorrow!

Do you have any Oscar traditions or big plans?

We are headed to Jenn's place to celebrate with a potluck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment