Friday, March 30, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal

This month, I participated in Foodie Pen Pals, a program run by Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean. The program hooks up bloggers and non-bloggers around the US and Canada and allows us to exchange a box of edible goodies!

The program is designed so that you give to one person and receive from a different person. I gave a box of goodies to Tara, and I'll reveal those goodies next week (she's not a blogger, but she's writing up a little something for me to share with all of you!). I received a box of deliciousness from Denise at almasdays.com.

Straight from Florida!
Denise included the following in my package:

  • Box of sweet potato pancake mix
  • Lindt Excellence Dark Chocolate Chili bar
  • Cracker Barrel Hot Cocoa Mix
  • From Peterbrook Chocolatier, chocolate covered popcorn, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, and dark chocolate covered Oreos
  • Every package also comes with a handwritten note to make the whole experience more friendly, so you see that in the back there
What an awesome package! I love that Denise included items not readily available to me. LA seems to have almost everything, but sweet potato pancake mix is a new one. I'm thrilled because I had sweet potato pancakes once in Denver and loved them! Despite the fact that the delivery service thought the package was its own personal punching bag, everything still arrived in (pretty much) one piece.

I've already dug into almost everything. The hot cocoa was smooth and comforting, especially made with milk. Deliciously frothy and not too sweet. The Peterbrook items, especially the popcorn and pretzels, totally hit that sweet-and-salty spot for me, which I loved. The chili bar was surprisingly awesome! We've had one before that we hated, but this one wasn't too strong; the chili flavor came on late and simply complemented the chocolate. Yum!

I can't wait to make sweet potato pancakes on Sunday morning. Terry is so excited already, and I'll be sure to share what we think!

Thanks so much to Denise for an awesome first package from Foodie Pen Pals, and thanks to Lindsay for organizing such an incredible program! If you're interested in participating, check out Lindsay's informational page. Remember, non-bloggers can play, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment