Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Bunny Butt Cake

Happy Easter, everyone! 

We woke up early this morning to get to church, then came home to make the frosting for my bunny butt cake (see below). And then we were off to Orange County for Easter dinner at Terry's aunt and uncle's house. 

Scout checking out the Easter basket
I was in charge of dessert and chose to make two: a bunny butt cake (found on Pinterest and recreated using instructions from Betty Crocker)
Bunny Butt Cake (idea from Betty Crocker)
 and chocolate balls made using this recipe.

Chocolate "eggs" in an Easter basket!
 Often, when I'm called upon to make dessert, I want to find healthy versions of recipes, but today I made one healthy (the chocolate eggs - made of a little butter, a little honey, dates, pecans, and cocoa powder) and one just for fun. The cake was a yellow cake (from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook) with cream cheese frosting (from the same book) and coconut on top. Still, homemade anything is almost always better than store-bought, and anything in moderation is ok. I think everyone enjoyed the desserts!

For dinner, we had a huge spread:

The set up

My plate

lamb, ham, potatoes, green salad, egg salad, herb bread, and succotash. My favorite was the succotash, which Terry's parents made; it had zucchini, bell peppers, edamame, and corn. Colorful, healthy, and delicious!

We had a great time catching up with Terry's family and made it home in time to watch last week's episode of Mad Men. Now we're heading to bed early because we're planning to complete all of our workouts in the mornings this week (yikes). We'll both be working/volunteering late nights all week, so mornings are the only option. Plus, early bed sounds good because I have a bit of a headache, which I'm sure has nothing to do with last night's martinis. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment