Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chocolate Martini

I mentioned in my cruise recap post that I fell in love with chocolate martinis on our cruise, and Terry's been itching to try to make one since we returned home. So tonight we ventured over to BevMo to get the necessary ingredients.

Chocolate Martini
Recipe from Bartender Terry :-)

Looks super fancy, and tastes like dessert in a martini glass
 
Taste test: Success!

  • 2 ounces Chocolate vodka (it seems the best brand is Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka)
  • 1 ounce each:
    • Bailey's Irish Cream
    • Godiva White Chocolate Liquor
    • Godiva Chocolate Liquor
  • Ice
  • Chocolate syrup (optional)
Scout was pretty stoked about the martinis
Pour all ingredients (except chocolate syrup) into a martini shaker. Shake well. Pour a few swirls of chocolate syrup into a martini glass. Pour the shaken ingredients into the glass. Serve immediately. 

Oh, my goodness. This absolutely sinful drink combines two of my favorite things: chocolate and martinis. What's not to like? If you like chocolate milk, or martinis, or chocolate, or anything, really, give this drink a try. 

The rest of today was also wonderful. We slept in! What a concept. We didn't set our alarms and dozed until nine in the morning. Then I made breakfast, which was actually a complete failure. I made my usual scramble with bell peppers and feta, but I added avocado - what a mistake! We ate around our avocado and couldn't finish the rest. Note to self: avocado + feta = terrible combination.

Soon after breakfast (or at least the part we didn't throw away), we took off for an early movie. We packed up some berries and water (a la Phil Dunphy) and headed to our local mall for an early showing of The Hunger Games. We've read all the books and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I thought Katniss was fantastic, and we appreciated that the movie followed the book so closely (though we did whisper to each other anytime we saw an inconsistency). 

After a quick lunch at home, a trip to Costco, and some cleaning, we hit the gym for another boot camp workout. My favorite part of the workout was the HIIT portion, which had us doing an interval pyramid. We alternated between 9.0 and 4.7 speeds, working up quite a sweat in only 20 minutes.

Another highlight of tonight, aside from my (two) chocolate martini(s), was baking a delicious dessert for tomorrow's Easter get-together at Terry's aunt's house. We're heading down in the afternoon and looking forward to catching up with everyone. I'll be sure to share my dessert contributions tomorrow night!

Hope you had a wonderful Saturday, and have a wonderful Easter Sunday!

Happy Saturday, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment