Saturday, November 26, 2011

Another 100 Workout

I really like these "theme" workouts that allow me to mix things up and create a new challenge fairly often. Today I wanted a lower body workout after all the week's indulgences. I really recommend giving this one a try, or create a new one that works for you!

100 Workout - Lower
  • 100 jumping jacks
  • 90 lunges (I did 30 each of walking, standing, and backwards standing)
  • 80 second wall sit
  • 70 fire hydrants 
  • 60 calf raises
  • 50 open leg scissors
  • 40 squats with weights
  • 30 clams**
  • 20 minutes on the elliptical 
  • 10 30-second wide leg squat holds (30-second rest in between)
*On your elbows and knees, lift your leg at a 90-degree angle out to the side; lower; repeat.
**I've described these before here, but I never told the correct name; my friend Heidi is a physical therapist and helped me with some toning exercises after I had my foot surgery, and these are awesome!

I'm already sore!

Links of interest if you like the idea of the 100 Workout like I do:

0 comments:

Post a Comment