Monday, November 14, 2011

Late Night Tamales and Eggs

I actually arrived home at a reasonable hour today! After a fun shopping trip to Target (I may or may not have purchased some Christmas-related decor), I started some laundry and caught up on a few blog-related items before my workout. Originally, I had planned a Butt Bible + run combo, but I wasn't feeling it when I got home. Apparently you have to be in the mood for Butt Bible. So instead I took a tip from Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers and created my own version of a recent "100 Workout" that she posted. She originally got the idea from Pinterest, but I don't have my invite yet - so sad for me. Here's what I did:

100 Workout Revamped
100 jumping jacks
90 squat punches (get in a deep squat and do cross punches - right-left is one)
80 walking lunges
70 calf raises
60 crunches
50 tricep dips
40 squats with weights
30 push ups
20 minute jog
10 wide-arm push ups
5 narrow-arm push ups
1 minute plank

Yowza! This countdown brought "full body workout" to a whole new level! I'm definitely going to feel it tomorrow!

Terry didn't get home until almost 9:00 tonight, but I waited for him to eat dinner. We got to eat our farmers' market tamales (beef for me, pork and beef for Terry), topped with runny eggs, and roasted asparagus. Delicious!

Did you know that eggs are the absolute perfect complement to tamales?

Simply scrumptious.

I hope you had a great start to the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment