Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bruins Beat ASU on a Busy Saturday

After so many crazy work weeks and packed weekends, I was looking forward to some down time today, but it'll have to wait for tomorrow. We woke up at 8 to the sound of Scout trying to attack a bug in our apartment, and we geared up for our run. Terry mapped out a route, we shared a muffin for fuel, and we took off for 5.75 miles up to campus. The run felt super tough for me, and I really struggled, but Terry was patient as I lagged slightly behind him. We pushed through and finally finished, and now I think I'm ready to sign up for a real race! The only thing is that I really take advantage of my stoplight "breaks," and those won't be there during a real race. So we'll have to see about that, and I need to find a place to train with no stoplights.

After the run, we ate some scrambled eggs and toast and showered, and Terry headed off to work (on a Saturday? Yeah, things are busy for him, too). I tidied up the apartment, did some laundry, baked some chocolate-chip-pecan cookies, and packed up our dinners for the game!

Since we are challenging ourselves to eat in for a month, we packed a big dinner to hold us over at the game: turkey-pastrami sandwiches (with spinach, tomato, red onion, and cheese), baked chips, apples, bananas, and cookies. It was perfect, and we even had leftovers! Way better than stadium food, if I do say so myself. Mission accomplished. Plus, the Bruins WON! We beat ASU, a ranked team! It's been a rocky season, so it's great to have two wins in a row. Only three more games, including U$C...

0 comments:

Post a Comment