Saturday, November 12, 2011

Butt Bible and Buttery Breakfast

I promise I'll be writing a drool-worthy post later today about our incredible dinner in last night, which celebrated the end of our 30 day challenge, but for now, the healthy stuff.

I woke up at 7:30 this morning, disappointed that I wasn't able to sleep in more. I lazed around playing with the cat for awhile before finally getting my workout kick started.

Workout
Butt Bible Upper 1This workout is on my OnDemand, and I really like it. It's a quick way to get your upper body reps in. The video included:
  • Bent over rows
  • Push ups
  • Tricep kick backs
  • Bicep curls
  • Upper back "swimming" reps
  • Straight-arm butterflies
  • Shoulder presses
  • Crunches
  • Reverse crunches
Treadmill - My goal was just to get to four miles, any way I could. Here's how it went:
  • 1 mile - Run at 6.8
  • 1 mile - Incline (level 8) walk at 4.5
  • 0.5 mile - Run at 6.8
  • 0.5 - Incline (level 5) walk at 4.5
  • 0.5 - Run at 7.0
  • 0.5 - Incline (level 8) walk at 5.0
It wasn't pretty, but I got it done. 97% of my motivation was that I had a DELICIOUS breakfast waiting for me! I used leftovers from last night's hollandaise sauce to make a sorta-kinda eggs Benedict.
Whole-wheat toast, poached eggs, and homemade hollandaise.

Perfect post-workout breakfast!

I know the hollandaise looks a little weird - that's because I had no idea how to reheat it from last night. It still tasted delicious and buttery. :-)

Off to shower! I'm so excited because Terry was supposed to go scuba diving all weekend, and they're coming home because of poor weather! Hooray for rain - more time with my hubby! (You better believe we're eating out tonight!)


0 comments:

Post a Comment