Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fresh Corn Grill


For our first night back out on the town, Terry and I chose a restaurant close to our apartment that we absolutely love. The name "Fresh Corn Grill" says most of it, but not all of it. The food is fresh, and there's some corn, but there's so much more! 

Tonight, I ordered the steak tacos with a side of grilled corn. Terry ordered chicken tacos with red cabbage slaw. We both absolutely devoured our meals and loved every bite! The chicken and steak tacos are built the same way: flour tortilla, avocado, meat, and lettuce-cabbage mix with a very light, tangy dressing. The flavors combine so well together! The tacos are savory and sweet at the same time.

The sides might be even better than the entrees. From what I can tell, they butter the corn and grill it on the cob, then shave it off right before serving it. It's hot and sweet and smokey all at the same time. Terry's cabbage, which I didn't taste tonight (I was too involved in scarfing down my meal), got this review from my husband: "Why can't all cole slaw be like this? It was crisp and crunchy, and the combination of the basil and vinaigrette gives the perfect bite." Not bad, FCG.

We've eaten at this restaurant multiple times and also thoroughly enjoy the Fresh Corn Vegetable Bowl, which is a HUGE assortment of vegetables (and meat, if so desired). I like to save half for lunch the next day. 

I'm eager to know more about Fresh Corn Grill's food policies, such as where they get their meat and vegetables, but for now I'm a big fan!

Steak tacos with a side of grilled corn

Oops

Terry and I definitely savored the fact that we didn't have to cook or clean this meal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment