Wednesday, November 16, 2011

TV Night

When I got home today, I absolutely couldn't fathom working out. My head was killing me, and I felt tired and stressed from work. Still, I took the day off from working out yesterday, so I pushed myself to at least do a light jog. Off I went, and I actually felt good enough to do 3.7 miles, according to Map My Run. My headache subsided a little, I felt energized, and I was proud to have finished more than I planned!

This evening Terry and I actually got to get out of the house for a little bit. We recently joined an alumni committee at our alma mater, UCLA, and today was the first meeting. It was awesome to see some old friends, meet new people, and get involved in something different. We'll be able to try out some volunteer activities, help alumni connect to UCLA, and ultimately increase our own involvement.

And now we're home to enjoy some of our favorite TV shows. Wednesday means Modern Family and Up All Night. Here's the rest of our DVR schedule:

  • Monday: How I Met Your Mother
  • Tuesday: New Girl, Biggest Loser
  • Wednesday: Modern Family, Up All Night, and The Soup
  • Thursday: Community, The Office, 30 Rock (coming back soon!), It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Other favorites:

  • Julie: House Hunters, Income Property, Designed to Sell, Barefoot Contessa
  • Terry: MythBusters
  • Both: The Best Thing I Ever Ate; Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives; Jeopardy!; The Daily Show; Colbert Report

Terry says it looks like we watch a lot of TV. We do. We also love reruns. Our all-time favorite shows (in no particular order):

  • Friends
  • Seinfeld
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • 30 Rock
  • Arrested Development
  • Modern Family
  • The Office
  • Pushing Daisies
We watch one of these shows every night before falling asleep. And approximately 83% of what we say to each other is directly quoting or referring to one of these shows. So yes, we watch a lot of TV. But we try to keep it well-rounded. 

Sometimes we watch movies.

What are your favorite shows? Any recommendations?

0 comments:

Post a Comment