Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Almost Back to Normal

Well, I woke up this morning finally feeling SO much better. I even managed to shower, dress in real clothes, and put on makeup. Today was my first day this year wearing makeup, and I'm one of those people who really should wear at least a little makeup. Poor Terry.

Also, my appetite is back! Well, at least the idea of food doesn't completely disgust me. Yesterday I still thought a lot about food, but actually eating it wasn't an option yet. (My goodness, I love food. Even when I'm sick I still can't help but dream up what I would eat if I was well.) Today, though, I ate three whole meals without incident.

For breakfast, I had two scrambled eggs and a toasted whole-wheat English muffin.

Looking back through my blog posts, I realize I haven't shared my recipe for scrambled eggs (I could have sworn I had). Now, I get that everyone likes their eggs a certain way, so move ahead if you've already got your go-to egg recipe, but I just found mine!

Creamy Scrambled Eggs
Serves 1

  • 2 eggs (cage-free!)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 ounce cheese (I like to mix it up), torn up into bits
  • splash of milk
Beat the eggs, salt, pepper, and milk with a fork. Then toss in the cheese, and spray or butter your omelet pan. Turn the heat on after you've added the eggs, and only to very low. Let your eggs cook slowly. After a minute or two, start scraping the bottom of the pan with a rubber scraper or soft spatula. The milk and cheese makes the eggs take a bit longer to cook, so expect around 8 minutes before your eggs are ready (but go with your preference of consistency).  Then enjoy!

For lunch, a peanut butter-and-1/2-banana sandwich. I enjoyed a little applesauce with breakfast and lunch, since that's been going down really well. For dinner, I cooked down about two cups of fresh chopped spinach and added 3/4 cup pasta sauce and about 2 cups of whole-wheat penne pasta, plus some cubed mozzarella cheese.

Spinach-mozzarella pasta
I'm almost back on track, except I'm only eating three meals a day instead of my usual five or six. And I'm not exactly hungry yet, but I can keep it all down without stomachaches. Hooray! 

The rest of my day included:

Tea while blogging

The new mug is one of our souvenirs from London

Playing with Scout and his new toy (he was so excited!)
And a few errands/chores around the house. Much better than yesterday!

Working out, however, will have to wait for another day. I'm able to move around a lot more than yesterday, but I still have to take lots of breaks because I get tired and a little dizzy. Today has mostly been shower, break, cook/dishes, break, clean a little, break, grocery store, break. Perhaps tomorrow, if the weather is still nice, I'll try a short walk and a few light weight exercises to ease back into things. But I'm grateful to be getting slowly back to normal!


  1. So happy you're feeling better!! And those mugs are adorable.

  2. Thanks so much! Oh goodness, we're in love with our souvenirs! :-)