Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Guessing Game

I have a little guessing game for you today! Take a look at the workout Terry and I completed this evening. I made it up earlier; the idea is to complete 25 reps of 25 exercises, focusing on legs, glutes, and abs. Terry thought I was crazy, but it wasn't that horrible, except one. Can you guess which exercise we didn't complete? (Seriously, comment below and tell me what you think! I'm super curious to know which one looks most difficult - or just which one you think we wimped out on!)
Approximately 60 minutes, including cardio.
Notes about this workout:
  • For the cardio, we did a 2.5 mile jog, but you can do a walk, incline walking, elliptical, bike, etc.
  • You can complete it in any order; I'm pretty sure I didn't do it in the order above. But basically I tried to do a high-intensity, then low-intensity, then abs, repeat.
  • The dark purple boxes are leg/glutes, the light purple boxes are abs, and the white ones are full-body.
  • Listen to your body; I took a few breaks after the toughest ones to make sure I would keep proper form for the next.
  • All in all, it was totally doable, and I think I'll be doing it again! 
After our hardcore workout and some time on Twitter with the healthy living bloggers community, I started on a wonderfully easy dinner, thanks to my mom.
Can you spot Scout?

There he is!
Last week, while my mom was here, she made a surprise meal for me to freeze and enjoy with the Ter-meister: Short ribs. I remember this meal from when I was a kid, and when I ate my first bite, I said to Terry, "This is what my childhood tastes like." Except this time we enjoyed it with a bottle of 2006 Jordan Cabernet, and my childhood had very little wine - well, at least for me.

We enjoyed mom's short ribs with whole wheat garlic bread, brown rice, and a salad. 

Guess which plate was Terry's?
A few other little tidbits from today, which turned out to be an all-around awesome Tuesday:
It was super foggy this morning, which reminded me of home.
One of my students made me the world's sweetest sign and card.
My lunch was seriously delicious: spinach, shredded leftover chicken,
pecans, and leftover poppyseed dressing from a restaurant lunch last week.
Hope your Tuesday was awesome! Time for some Ben & Jerry's and more catching up on TV. Don't forget to guess which exercise was most difficult for us!

5 comments:

  1. I'm guessing the plank. We had to hold these for our office Olympics and I think I dropped out after 4 something minutes...I was exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, I challenge you to a plank contest. 4 minutes is quite impressive... if it's true.

      Delete
    2. You are on, Terry! I can get competitive, but then again I'm definitely not doing 4 minute planks every day!

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing burpees! Those are a killer!

    ReplyDelete