Saturday, April 21, 2012

Catalina for Terry's Birthday

It's Terry's birthday today!

So cute :-)

We're celebrating at Catalina, a little island off the coast of Long Beach, California.

One-hour ferry ride to a cute little spot

Terry is in the process of becoming a dive instructor, so this weekend is his intern weekend; he shadows a certified instructor to watch and learn the details of guiding certification divers. There are about 25 people out here this weekend with PCH Scuba, the company that certified Terry and that Terry always dives with. It's a blast to hang out with the other divers and instructors, and I feel lucky that I got to know them last year during my failed dive attempt. Everyone is extremely kind and generous, and we love hanging out and meeting new people.

So while the birthday boy was out diving, I started my morning with a fun workout around the island that looked something like this:

  • Walk 5 minutes to warm up
  • Run 1/2 mile
  • 60 jumping jacks, 50 lunges,  50 calf raises,  20 tricep dips, 15 push ups
  • Run 1 mile
  • 60 jumping jacks, 50 lunges,  50 calf raises,  20 tricep dips, 15 push ups
  • Run 1/2 mile
  • 60 jumping jacks, 50 lunges,  50 calf raises,  20 tricep dips, 15 push ups
  • Walk 5 minutes to cool down
  • Stretch
Out and about in my running shoes!

The conditioning parts were pretty tough, but I kept the running nice and easy. It felt great to get some exercise after eating this for dinner last night:

Five Guys Burger & Fries
Cajun fries (turns out I'm not a fan, so I didn't eat TOO many)
Oh, and these

I also got a few fun shots of the island - in the fog. 







Found this little playground and chose it as the ideal spot for my strength stuff

Yeah, I went down the slide. :-)

Be back later for a mushy post about how much I love my husband. :-) Hope you're having a fantastic Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I love your shoes (and how well they match that playground set)!

    ReplyDelete