Friday, April 6, 2012

Finally Friday

Happy Good Friday!

Freakin' tannins! :-)

As we sat on the couch tonight, drinking a glass of Bridlewood Cabernet and watching our DVRed TV shows, I couldn't help but be thrilled about just chilling with my husband and cat. We needed a night to just relax, and we got it tonight - after our workout.

Boot camp tonight was intense; Tina had us doing a circuit workout with 40 seconds of an exercise and 20 seconds rest. I really love circuit workouts because they go by so fast, but today's circuits were beyond tough. I think I said, "This one is the worst!" about six times. The math tells me that I deemed more than one exercise "the worst." But seriously, I think the real worst was the decline push up on the stability ball. WHOA. My heart rate was through the roof for the entire 30-minute workout! And I'm definitely going to be sore tomorrow.

In fact, Terry and I planned a 3-mile run for the cardio portion of tonight's workout and completely failed. We started running, but the first 100 steps or so  consisted of comments like, "My legs feel like jello," "I'm so tired," and "This run is going to suck." Plus lots of laughing at our own exhaustion. At about 1/10 of a mile, we decided to just speed walk two miles, which was more than enough.

The rest of the evening really was just reheating dinner and catching up on lots of TV. Now that it's Good Friday, we can watch TV during the week again! I'm glad we chose to give up TV (Monday through Thursday) for Lent, but I'm also glad it's over. I really love that time to relax and unwind at the end of a day. And sadly, we've been so busy that I don't think giving up TV really gave us much in terms of time. We did, however, manage to go to sleep by 10:30 almost every night during Lent!

Scout enjoyed our mellow evening, too. (Do you like my penguin pjs?)

Out for the count.
Our Easter weekend plans include another intense workout tomorrow, a little grocery shopping, and the Hunger Games! Sunday will be church and an Easter celebration with Terry's family, for which I need to make an appropriate dessert. I'm still not 100% sure, but I'm always looking for semi-healthy recipes to contribute to these functions. Ideas welcome!

Hope you had a great Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment