Sunday, January 6, 2013

Prepped for Tomorrow

I'm not sure what got into us today, but we spent most of our time preparing for tomorrow. I think we were avoiding the Sunday blues by staying busy.

But we did squeeze in a four-mile run! Terry kicked my butt, but I still managed to keep a 6+ mph pace.

So all my prep work today?

Breakfast: Overnight oats.


Lunch: Tuna salad (separated for tomorrow and Tuesday)


Snack: Strawberries, washed and separated

 All stacked up in the front of the fridge so we can pack it up in the morning.

My meals for the morning and afternoon:

  • Overnight oats (I'll add 1/2 sliced banana and sliced almonds tomorrow morning)
  • Pear
  • Tuna salad with some unpictured Woven Wheats 
  • Strawberries
Terry's meals:
  • Same as mine for breakfast and snacks
  • Pea soup for lunch
I was thinking today that perhaps you might be interested in hearing a little about what Terry eats on a regular basis. He says he'd be willing to do a WIAW, so hopefully--if you're interested--you can see what my husband munches throughout the day. 

We also spent a good chunk of the day on a cleaning spree.



Is there anything better than a sparkling kitchen?

Now we feel more than ready to head back to work. Clean house, breakfast made, lunches packed, water bottles filled. And...the big news?

I'm going cold turkey (for lack of a better word) on my workouts. I've said it for months, and I'm finally doing something about it. Tomorrow morning I'll do my workout at 5 am, and I'll continue morning workouts throughout the entire month of January. It's going to require a lot of planning ahead, getting to bed earlier, and more willpower than I've shown in the past, but I know I can do it!

Dinners for the week:

  • Monday: Stir Fry
  • Tuesday: Spaghetti Squash and Black Bean tacos
  • Wednesday: Leftovers
  • Thursday: Vegetable Pizzas (inspired by Pinterest, I'll let you know how it goes)
  • Friday: Perhaps a date night?
Okay, off to bed so I can wake up at 4:50 tomorrow...ugh can't wait!


What new goals are you working on? Do they require some significant changes in your routine? Any tips?

If you're getting back to the grind tomorrow, best of luck! Hope it's a painless day!

7 comments:

  1. it is always nice to feel prepared for the upcoming week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SOOOO wonderful to wake up knowing everything was set to go!

      Delete
  2. That's it -- if you can do 5am workouts, I can certainly do 6am ones! I was great about it in the summer but with the chilly (Santa Monica-relative) weather I had fallen off the bandwagon. Thanks for the inspiration to get back on! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I hope I inspired you!! I'm always inspired reading other morning workout bloggers, so I'm finally doing it!

      Delete
  3. I'm all for early morning workouts when possible. Are you doing it so that when you come home you can just relax? (I feel VERY behind on reading your blog...I'm trying to catch up!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Glad you're catching up! That's definitely part of it, but I also just want to see if it's better for me in terms of organization and saving time. We'll see!

      Delete
  4. I worked out the most and best when I did 5 a.m. workouts. Due to my husband's shift I cannot get to bed before 11:30 p.m. so I've switched back to afternoons. Good luck with your goal - I know you'll do it!!

    ReplyDelete