Friday, August 24, 2012

Rock'n Friday

Today ROCKED! Head to toe, start to finish. When I woke up this morning, I noticed a notification on my phone that Julie from PBFingers, the blog that inspired me to write my own blog, had mentioned me on Twitter and had commented on my blog! In blogging terms, that's about as starstruck as I'll get! You'll have to check out her blog to see why she ended up mentioning me in her post. Hilarious! Apparently BLWB is a little promiscuous!

Honestly, all comments from you mean the world to me, and I get so excited when I read what you have to say. I jump up and down and run to tell Terry whenever I see a comment pop up (not that I'm watching...er...). Special thanks to Jessie, MollyKatie, and more for being such regular commenters. I love your blogs, too, and enjoy reading your comments and responding to you!

Today, I dropped Terry off at work (our second day carpooling! woo hoo!!) and headed over to my school to finish setting up my classroom. I plowed through some cleaning, organizing, and syllabus-writing, got copies done, and tried to make the room look presentable for the kiddos. After work, Terry came back over with me to help finish up the walls. It looks awesome! Pictures to come, when it's REALLY finished.

Sign on my door, posted by ASB, to welcome my students to my class

A little gift bag/survival kit

So cute!

Actually, though, funny story: Around 11 this morning, a woman walked into my room and started taking pictures. She explained that she's a location scout for movies! Apparently our campus is used quite frequently in movies, commercials, and photo shoots, because it has quite an iconic look. I'll let you know if I see anyone famous, Mom.

After we finished our work around 6:30 pm, Terry and I headed over to a fun little bar and grill for dinner. We even ran into one of the other new teachers! It really is a small town, and I love it so far. We each ordered a craft beer and some delicious sweet potato fries before our main course.

Pulled pork pizza for Terry

Italian chopped salad for me

Everything was delicious! We're already excited to go back to try several other enticing menu items, including but not limited to the chicken wings, Farmer's Market pizza, and ahi tuna sandwich.

We're spending the rest of the evening watching a movie, relaxing, and relishing the fact that we don't have to spend hours running this weekend! Perhaps just 30 minutes or so...ahh....

What are your weekend plans? Any fun or health-centered events?

8 comments:

  1. aww julie! thanks for the shoutout! i was so excited to see my name, lol. i do the same thing whenever i get comments...my boyfriend hears all about it. and lord help him if i get a follower, i freak out :)

    i think my favorite thing about the healthy living blog community is how approachable everyone is, even the "celebs".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Molly! Thanks for reading--I totally get just as excited when I see a comment or new follower! :-)

      Isn't it crazy how supportive and kind everyone is in this community? I am so glad to be a part of it!

      Delete
  2. I've never had pulled pork pizza, but it sounds amazing.

    There are about zero fun plans on my agenda. Saturday is cleaning day! Woohoo...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pulled pork pizza was SO creative! There was some pineapple and sweet BBQ sauce, too.

      Hooray for cleaning day! That's today for us!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! :)
    My weekend consists of finishing packing and seeing as many friends as possible before I move on Wednesday. And hopefully I can convince myself to go for a run...motivation is kind of lacking. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on the move, Katie! So excited for you! And good luck with motivation :-) Not always easy on a weekend.

      Delete
  4. I am a long time lurker of your blog! And, I just had to comment and tell you hkw much I love your blog. You eat some amazing food.
    Kalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting and reading Kalie! I'm glad to know you're lurking! :-)

      Delete