Friday, November 30, 2012

5-4-3-2-1 Treadmill Kicked Up

Happy weekend!!! After yesterday, I made it through today's work quite smoothly and eagerly embraced the idea of sleep and rest this weekend.

I knew I wanted some cardio action tonight (especially after yesterday's strength workout), so I hopped on the ol' treadmill, unsure of what I would do, and decided on one of my favorites: the 5-4-3-2-1 Treadmill Workout. And I cranked it up a notch!


Give it a try! I promise you'll be a sweaty mess at the end.

Today kicks off a lovely weekend with virtually no plans. We tried to really relax tonight, tomorrow I'll be meeting up with Jenn to work out and go to brunch (ooohh, I love brunch!), and Sunday we might get our Christmas tree.


I picked up soup from our new favorite spot to enjoy at home while watching the (awesome but devastating) UCLA game. I got two quarts: tomato-basil bisque and chicken noodle. I stuck with the former while Terry tried both, plus I made him a grilled cheese sandwich.

The only other time I spent in the kitchen today was to cut up some sourdough loaves into cubes. Tomorrow I'm cooking up a mini-turkey feast so that Terry and I can enjoy leftovers. I think Thanksgiving is such a fun meal to prepare; there are so many different layers to it all. My favorite is definitely my sourdough-and-sausage stuffing, a recipe I found in Cooking Light two years ago. Terry loves it too, so we're both pretty excited. (Why don't I make it throughout the year? These are the questions I simply can't answer.)

How 'bout I take a better picture this year?

I'll be sure to let you know what I make tomorrow and how it turns out, but brace yourself for loads of leftover photos.

Tomorrow is the first day of December! Any goals for the end of 2012? 

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend! I'm so excited because while I have to work for a few hours today, I'm off Sunday AND Monday and can spend those days relaxing and being relatively productive. :)

    I decided to join in on Courtney's 2012 Closeout so I'm going to complete 2012 Burpees before the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my dad's favorite desserts is bread pudding so I always try and make it for him around the holidays

    ReplyDelete