Wednesday, November 21, 2012

And We're Back!

What a whirlwind few days it's been around here! I'll do a quick recap, and things will be back to normal with a WIAW tomorrow. I had hoped to post this last night, but Google informed me I had used up all of my photo storage space--whoops! That's been fixed now, though, don't worry.

First of all, if you missed it, Katie provided us with a fantastic guest post on Sunday night - all about flexibility. I think my friend Corey said it best when he mentioned that his dad (a physical therapist) says you can't forget about flexibility when it comes to truly being athletic. I think it's easy to ignore stretching, warming up, and cooling down, but I'm learning more and more how important it is.

On Sunday, Terry and I drove up to Santa Ynez to meet up with my parents and do a little wine tasting, and the area was gorgeous despite the rain.
We even tried a new restaurant for lunch, Succulent Cafe, which I highly recommend if you're in the area. I enjoyed the burrata and tomato sandwich -- you know I love my burrata!

(Also featured: meatloaf-cornbread sandwich and whatever Terry had--I can't remember.)

Terry and I drove back down that evening and stopped at a small taco place in Santa Barbara, Lilly's Tacos, which serves really unique tacos (tongue and eye, for example). If you're looking for authentic Mexican, this is your place, but don't expect anything other than tacos--they're purists!


Yesterday I hit the gym in the morning for the start of Week 5 of Boot Camp! Ugh, so many burpees! But we can't always do the things we love in the gym; otherwise we wouldn't be challenging ourselves and pushing our bodies to try new things. (<--That's what I kept telling myself.) The burpees sucked, but I felt proud that I made it through with minimal rest (six sets of 60 seconds is definitely my limit, though; we had the option to do more or do a different type of cardio, and I chose the latter!). And hey, after each round of burpees, the rest of the workout was a breeze!

I spent the rest of the day Monday with my parents, grabbing a few items at the UCLA Store and cooking a scrumptious steak dinner. Actually, I didn't really cook anything. The guys barbecued, Mom whipped up some leftovers, and I just chopped veggies to roast.

Yesterday we took it easy and just played some board games at home before heading to True Food Kitchen for dinner.


And then yesterday...


I'm officially a Certified Personal Trainer!


Not a bad week so far. :-)

What are your plans for tomorrow? Are you traveling? Hosting? Making something scrumptious?

4 comments:

  1. Gosh sounds like an amazing week. Hope you have a great holiday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That champagne looks like a lovely way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats congrats congrats!! I'm so excited we both passed and we're both able to finally RELAX and not spend our whole lives studying anymore. ;)

    ReplyDelete