Wednesday, November 28, 2012

In a Funk for WIAW

I think I'm in a bit of a funk. I mentioned the other day that I wasn't feeling great because of last week's indulgences, but it's lasting longer than I expected. Usually just one or two days back in my healthy habits does the trick; not this time. I'm lacking motivation to work out, I'm craving sweets and other special treats, and I feel exhausted. 

But I think I just need to get through the next few days. I'm trying to increase my veggie intake (hence the spaghetti squash last night and, as you'll see below, my dinner choice tonight). I also think that little non-food and non-workout-related tools can help, like the fact that I took the time tonight to prep breakfast (overnight oats) and lunch (tuna salad) for tomorrow. I also managed to hit the gym for a 35-minute cardio workout. Hopefully I'll be back to my old self in no time!

Check out the other WIAWs!


6:30 am - Breakfast
An egg with cheese, jelly, and whole wheat bread (old picture), plus tea


10:30 am - Snack
A Pumpkin-Walnut muffin


1:00 pm - Lunch
Leftovers of last night's spaghetti squash and a delicious bosc pear


3:30 pm - Snack
Two handfuls of my trail mix


(Source - my phone wouldn't send me the one I took)
7:30 pm - Dinner
Another CPK meal for a UCLA function - I ordered the Roasted Veggie salad with the dressing on the side, and it was awesome! Artichokes, eggplant, bell peppers, corn, avocado, Romaine lettuce, and a vinaigrette. Delicious, fresh, not oily at all. I highly recommend it.

Dessert was the usual, my little layer cake thing, which is almost done.
What will we eat next for dessert?

Any suggestions for getting out of my funk? I am also thinking some yoga might help rejuvenate me...

6 comments:

  1. i definitely feel you on being in a funk! i think for me it's because thanksgiving break was kind of a tease and i'm just ready for christmas time with my family. so to get myself out of my funk i'm planning exciting holiday activities! i need to get in the christmas spirit so i'm overwhelming myself with christmas music, baking cookies and hanging out with friends. so far it's working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my thanksgiving hangover is lasting forever as well!! Thinking lots of green smoothies will be in my weekend. That salad looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm all looks delicious; loving the look of that spaghetti squash, really want to get my hands on some :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with this funk, it is tough to come back from spending free time with family to once again having to hit the routine. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gloomy weather has put me into a bit of a funk. I have to be careful when I talk about feeling off though because my family always hopefully say, "maybe you're pregnant!" haha

    Hope you feel better soon - sometimes just a change in the routine can help. And of course - more sleep

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there, hunnie. Soon enough this funk your in will be gone :)

    ReplyDelete