Monday, November 5, 2012

Last Chance Survey

Good evening and happy Monday to you! I'm pretty thrilled to have made it through Monday; it was a busy one. Being sick on top of feeling swamped made for a rough start to the week, so I thought I'd lighten things up around here with a fun survey. I found it on Colleen's blog, and, honestly, nothing very health-related stuck out to me from today (perhaps my stuffed nose and headache are fogging up my brain), so indulge me here.

Last food you ate? A delicious dinner made by...my incredible husband! We had burgers on our menu for tonight, but I was just not feeling up to it. So this awesome guy said he was up to the task and cooked it all! Normally, when Terry's in the kitchen while I'm home, I somehow end up helping quite a bit. But tonight I stayed put on the couch, and he made a fantastic meal: baked sweet potato (topped with butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg) and winter burgers (old recipe, still delicious). He grilled 'em on the barbecue, and I was so full by the end that I felt I could have been satisfied with just half! (Who is this girl?!)


Last beverage you drank?  Just stickin' with water today. I'm one of those people (at least I assume there are more like me) who believes water cures all. Kinda like the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding who thinks Windex cures all. If something's wrong, I assume I'm dehydrated and that water will fix it.

Last workout? I wrote about it here. And it was a good one!

Last thing you pinned? Let's see...

A little Berner (Bernese Mountain Dog) puppy. My family had a Berner when I was young, and he was just the best dog. Now Terry and I are hoping to get one, once we have a yard (they grow to be 85-110 pounds!). (Source)

Last text you sent? I was on the phone. Do you need something? To Terry. So exhilarating. 

Last blog you visited? Besides Colleen's, which I visited to get this survey, I visited The Fitnessista to check out her November Knockout Workout

Last tweet? Besides my usual boring tweets about my new posts (follow me @BetterBurgers if that sentence inspired you to eagerly await my Twitter-tivity), I said, "Already stoked for Week 3 of ! Looks challenging and exciting!"

Last place you visited? Does my work count? If so, school. If not, my couch. That's been the extent of it the last few days.

Last time you did ab work? Thursday of last week--planks for Tina's Boot Camp!

Last show you watched? Jeopardy! I got approximately one question correct. 

Last thing you baked? I think it was these lemon cupcakes. Love Barefoot Contessa! These things were delicious!

Last thing you Instagrammed? 

Obviously.


Last thing on your to-do list today? Hahahaha, You think there's an end to my to do list? But in all likelihood  I'll finish this post, eat a brownie while watching HIMYM with Terry, and go to sleep. Not a bad way to end the night!


If you're a blogger, link up your answers to the survey below--it's a fun one! If you're not a blogger, what's the last text you sent? And what was the last thing you ate?

25 comments:

  1. YUM! ugh, girl... I could eat sweet taters all day every day. true fact.

    ps your husband rocks for making burgs. forreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm so excited it's sweet potato season!

      Delete
  2. The last text I sent was to my best friend in Washington DC, we recently moved to LA, I miss her, more than I care to say. The last thing I ate was Sweet Potato fries.
    Your kitty is adorable! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the move! I live in LA too! Hope it's going well for you.

      Delete
  3. I love surveys! My last tweet: Dear @mamapea Thank you for being a flippin’ genius. Your pop tarts rock. Made them with a pumpkin filling: tmblr.co/ZftQrwWiOOIq

    I do love her tarts. Now can you make me stop eating them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm homemade pop tarts sound awesome! I just saw a recipe for them on 100 Days of Real Food: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/05/30/recipe-whole-wheat-toaster-pastries-a-k-a-pop-tarts/

      Delete
  4. Fun! The last text I sent was to my running buddy last night - Ready to freeze your ass off in the morning? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha, it's so good to know that I'm not the only person who answers just one question on Jeopardy. I really dont know how people know these things in life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely not the only one. My husband fires off about 90% of the answers (correctly) and I just sit there waiting for a grammar question so I at least have a chance of guessing.

      Delete
  6. One of my old coworkers was OBSESSED with berners. If we saw one while we were out grabbing lunch, she was basically stopped in her tracks. She had two that she "lost" in her breakup but always loved when she got to go back and watch them for a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I LOVE them! So sweet and just big teddy bears.

      Delete
  7. My last text was "I look like a leprechaun and we're on our way to Fairy Land" bahaha - talking about a picture of my husband and I that I did not like!!

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha that's an awesome text! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. I might just have to jump on the bandwagon for this survey. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing this last chance survey, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun!!! I love these surveys--nice way to break up the posts. :-)

      Delete
  10. Last thing I ate was a Quinoa Breakfast Bake. It was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that sounds interesting. I'm not a huge quinoa fan, but I'm always willing to try something new.

      Delete
  11. I'm so doing this survey one day soon. And apparently making lemon cupcakes sometime soon. You just gave me a craving. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun survey! Oooh these lemon cupcakes are SOOOO good. I made them with a lemon cream cheese frosting!

      Delete
  12. Fun survey. Nice of your hubby to make the dinner. I'd skip the burgers, but that baked sweet potato sure sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the best! :-) Oohhh yes, that potato rocked!

      Delete
  13. Very cool idea! I used to answer survey's like this all the time on facebook. One of my favorite meals I swear is sweet potato fries and turkey burgers so tell your husband I'm a fan of his! Last thing I posted to Instagram was my donations to Hurricane Sandy victims!

    ReplyDelete