Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Eggplant-Spaghetti Squash Lasagna and WIAW

We made it to the midway point of the week, folks! I'm only teaching one more day this week, and Friday we have a day of meetings for the English teachers at my school, so it's an especially short week for me. How exciting is that?

This exciting.

Speaking of exciting, I have a little guest post action going on over at Tina's blog. I wrote all about how to stay healthy this holiday season--let me know what you think!

Here on BLWB, I've got quite the round up of eats today.

Check out the other WIAWs!


6:30 am - Breakfast - Oatmeal with peanut butter, maple syrup, a splash of milk, plus tea
10:30 am - Snack - Carrots
1:00 pm - Lunch - (Unpictured) fajitas leftover from last night with onions, bell pepper, and chicken
4:00 pm - Snack - 2 graham crackers, one with cream cheese and jelly, one with peanut butter and banana, plus another cup of tea (I was SO tired today!)
7:00 pm - Dinner - Eggplant-spaghetti squash lasagna, which was friggin' delicious, and the recipe for which I will share with you below!
9:00 pm - Dessert - The last of this delicious dessert, which I have been too lazy to photograph over the last five days.

Okay, so about that dinner... I thought up this idea, and it came together wonderfully!


Eggplant-Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
Serves 4-6
  • 1 spaghetti squash
  • 2 cups marinara sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
  • 1 eggplant
Heat your oven to 375 degress. Slice your spaghetti squash lengthwise (be careful!), then roast face down on a greased baking sheet for 40 minutes, or until the skin is fork tender. Remove to cool, and heat the oven to 425 degrees.

While the squash is cooling, slice the eggplant crosswise (about 3/4-inch slices). Sprinkle lightly with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast for about 10 minutes. Remove and reduce oven temperature to 350.

Meanwhile, string the spaghetti squash with a fork. Then layer your greased casserole dish (13 x 9 or 9 x 11): sauce, squash, eggplant, cheese, sauce, squash, eggplant, sauce, cheese.


Bake, covered, at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes. Then uncover and bake again for about 10 more minutes.




You're gonna love it! And I hope you love the rest of your week!

Remember to check out my guest post over at Best Body Fitness!

6 comments:

  1. That looks SO good! I wish we were in the same place so I could come over for dinner (and studying). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE that lasagna, oh man I need to make that. Two of my favorite foods in one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that lasagna looks awesome! i just made a spaghetti squash for the first time the other day and made lasagna with it and it was so good but the addition of eggplant makes it look even more delicious. can't wait to get another squash and throw some eggplant in. i am not ready for fall to end anytime soon - i feel like i haven't taken advantage of my squashes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love spaghetti squash! After I get rid of my butternut I'm totally buying one and making this.

    Sidenote: I tried the cream cheese/jelly combo for the first time a few weeks ago - now I'm addicted. Cream cheese plus pumpkin butter is also highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well damn, I have eggplant but not spaghetti squash. Of course I wouldn't have the two main ingredients at the same time haha! I'll have to keep this recipe saved though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that lasagna looks GREAT! Love pasta-less dishes like this...just means I can load up on the garlic bread! Mmmm, carbs! ;)

    ReplyDelete