Sunday, January 15, 2012

Golden Globes and Pizza

What a weekend! It started with Terry coming home on Friday night and ended with my mom in town and watching the Golden Globes while enjoying some yummy pizza. But let's back up a bit.

First of all, if you caught last night's post, let me apologize for the rampant errors. My father called to sweetly inform me that the post had lots of punctuation problems and that people might begin to question my English skills. Fear not, folks, I still intend to uphold my high standards of proper grammar, and I apologize. Plus, I've added photos, so just go back and check it again. :-)

Today we woke up and actually completed a little workout. I mentioned yesterday how restless I'm feeling with this cough and that I wanted to just go for it with a walk and some strength training. So this morning I did the following:
  • 100 squats (4 sets of 25 with 30 seconds of rest in between)
  • 20 minute walk with Terry (Santa Barbara is COLD in the morning!)
  • 20 push ups
  • 100 calf raises
Not bad for my second workout of the year. I'm looking forward to getting back to my usual five times per week, starting with a new yoga class tomorrow!

This morning we met Terry's family in Santa Barbara for breakfast.
We found an awesome restaurant with perfect decor. 

My sourdough French toast was less than stellar
Then we headed back to LA and spent the afternoon catching up on our DVR, eating leftover pasta, and cleaning before picking up my mom at the airport. Mom is in town for a few days to keep me company while Terry heads back to the East Coast for more work. But tonight...
Scout hid under a box

Mom and Scout cuddled

Terry and I played with the kitten
For dinner, we enjoyed some yummy pizza while watching the Golden Globes (Ricky Gervais is so funny!).
Pepperoni pizza for the win

Mom created a delicious salad with spinach, mixed greens,
pecans, blue cheese, dried cranberries, and vinaigrette.

Eggplant, mushroom, and onion pizza

Cookies for dessert: oatmeal-raisin, M&M, and chocolate chip.
Did you get a three-day weekend? What's your extra-day-off workout?

2 comments:

  1. I think mine might be going for a run with my parents' puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes its very true that yummy pizza is so popular and famous for its delicious PIZZA.I'm so interested about this ..Thanks for posting this..
    I want more on this..So please keep posting.Clockwork Pizza

    ReplyDelete