Monday, January 9, 2012

Six Months Since the Wedding

Back to work today! I didn't feel a single bit of dread going back to work - seriously. I can tell you that it's mostly because I've been home alone since Tuesday and am in dire need of human interaction. Plus, I genuinely like my job. Teaching is the kind of job where I feel comfortable and confident going back to work. I used to work in an environment where I was at the "mercy" of my boss, so her mood and stress level affected my whole day. But as a teacher, I feel much more in control of my work life. Plus, I grow attached to my students and cheerleaders and always look forward to classes.

After a good first day back and a school board meeting, I came home tired and starving. Luckily, I had a little surprise waiting for me!


The nice folks over at Attune Foods sent me some cereal to try, and it sounded like a perfect late-night snack. I'll write up a review soon, after I try all three flavors.


And of course, as the title of this post tells you, Terry and I have been married for six months today! Even though he's out of town, I'm excited for this little milestone in our marriage. I can't believe how quickly this half-year zoomed by! But in six months, we had a blast: Our honeymoon in London and Rome, my 26th birthday, Terry's second Ragnar Relay race in Napa, our 30-day Let's Eat In challenge, my parents' 33rd wedding anniversary in Rancho Palos Verdes, and Christmas and New Year's in Paris and London. I feel so lucky to share such wonderful experiences with my incredible husband. I can't wait to see what the next half of the year (and the rest of our marriage) has in store!


Photos by our phenomenal photographer Rhee Bevere

0 comments:

Post a Comment