Sunday, January 22, 2012

Almost Perfect Sunday

Today was the kind of day I really love: productive, fun, and almost zero stress. I woke up fairly early for a short jog, which started with a dysfunctional iPod and ended up being quite peaceful and lovely. Running without an iPod always sounds dreadful, but it's never really that horrible. Turns out I have a few vaguely interesting thoughts that can keep me entertained for the 25 minutes it took me to run. Still, as always, I am definitely looking for great workout songs, so if you have suggestions, comment below or e-mail me!

After a quick shower and a pathetic attempt at eating my too-frozen leftover smoothie from yesterday (I eventually gave up and ate a whole-wheat tortilla with cream cheese and jelly instead), I picked up Jenn for church. We had plans to make dinner together later this evening, so we discussed what we would make as we walked in, pausing the conversation once the service began. Amazingly, the sermon today was all about food! Who would have thought?

Afterward, I dropped off Jenn, stopped at Trader Joe's, and enjoyed another delightful yoga class. Well, most of it was delightful. The part immediately before, when I lost my parking validation ticket sometime between getting it and getting out of my car, was one of those moments when I just can't believe that anyone can be as ridiculously scatterbrained as myself. Thankfully I found it under the back tire on my way back from class. Amazing. Still, if that's the worst thing to happen on any given day, I guess I should count myself very lucky.

As I mentioned, Jenn and I got some girl time tonight for dinner and made a rather delicious feast.

Feast for two, anyone?
We're vowing to cook together more often, because we inspire each other to churn out some pretty great stuff! And our men reap the benefits of new, homemade recipes. Tonight's meal included the following (click the links for the recipes!):

Jenn's Salad
Jenn's gorgeous gourmet salad
  • Big handful of fresh spinach
  • Big handful of arugula
  • 1/2 yellow bell pepper
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
  • Delicata squash seeds, roasted
  • Vinaigrette dressing
Toss all ingredients, and enjoy every crunchy, colorful bite!

Our dinner entertainment, aside from each other, was a few videos from Jenna Marbles. I'm sure some of you have heard of her, because she's incredibly popular, but I just recently learned about her hilarious YouTube videos from my friends Arcadia and Alex. My current favorite is What Girls Do in the Car, and, I kid you not, it is an exact depiction of what I am thinking while I drive. (Note: These videos contain inappropriate language.)

After a pretty great day, I'm off to pick up Terry from the airport...finally! 

Any awesome weekend stories to share? What was your workout? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment